Thursday, June 14, 2007

One More Night

Well, my evening is not turning out the way that I had planned. According to my plan, I was was supposed to sweep in with a box of Popeye's chicken and biscuits, set the kids up with a picnic in the fort and cut the grass as they ate their dinner and enjoyed the great outdoors. The way it happened was that I swept in with the box of chicken and biscuits to a chorus of "I don't want chicken". Not only that, but Gracie had a fever of 103.4 and I was not about to put her outside to eat in the heat. So, plan B involved a blanket on the living room floor in front of the TV for an indoor picnic.

Although not quite according to plan, dinner turned out pretty well in spite of earlier protests as to the content. So, I went out side for the "cut the grass" portion of the plan only to discover that the lawn mower wouldn't start. Well, it would start but it bellowed smoke and the engine had a sad, feeble sound just before it died. I spent a good 20 minutes in the sun trying to figure it out (as well as a phone call to Trevor) and finally gave up. What this meant for me was that I was hot and sweaty as though I had been mowing, without the satisfaction of a freshly mowed lawn.

So here I am, preparing for my last evening without Trevor trying to decide what to do first. The sheets need to be changed on our bed, because there is no better feeling than to slip in between fresh clean sheets after a 17 hour flight. That is one thing that I always do the morning he gets gets home so that it is ready and waiting for him. I have laundry to take care of, dinner to make for myself, the kids need baths and medicine, the trash can needs to be brought in from the road and I would like a little down time for myself somewhere in there! Oh well...such is the life of a mother. I have to keep asking myself the question, "Will any of this matter in 6 months?" If the answer in "no" then I try not to let myself stress over it. I have more important things to stress and worry about without sweating the small stuff. Actually, I shouldn't stress and worry about anything. Jesus said:

"But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.
So do not worry about tomorrow; for tomorrow will care for itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." Matthew 6:33-34

Amen and amen!

The countdown is moving forward. In 22 hours I will be in Trevor's arms again and the anticipation of that reunion is enough to get me through tonight with no worries!



No comments: