Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Is Trevor Really in China?

As I was driving home last night I received a phone call from Kenneth inviting me and the kids over for dinner. I had made chicken and dumplings the night before so I wouldn't have to cook Monday, but quickly revised my plans in favor of grilled chicken with friends.

When we arrived at 5:30 pm, Kellye was still on her way home from work, so I sampled the veggies on the stove and chatted with Kenneth for a little while. Nathan was a little upset that Kaben wasn't home yet, but that soon changed and the boys went directly to Kaben's room to play video games.

At this point, I have to say that Gracie did not want to play with Kate....she wanted to play with Kaben. He is so good with little kids, and Gracie adores him. When I told her we were going to Kaben and Kate's house for dinner, all she could say was "We're going to Kaben's house?!" He is so gentle and sweet with her (and Kate) and I never worry about her when Kaban is around. He is careful to not be too rough and always seems to be aware of her whereabouts. This is in stark contrast to her own brother who frequently plows into her small body without a backwards look.

Dinner was great as it always is when I don't have to cook. It was nice to have adult company since I am missing my adult at home. It was equally as nice to spend time with good friends. We didn't stay long because I needed to get the kids home, bathed and ready for bed at 8 pm.

Once the kids were down, I sat down at the computer to check email and surf for a bit before it was time for me to hit the sack. Trevor nudged me on the instant messenger and we chatted for a little while before I went to bed. I informed him that I had never actually seen him board a plane for China and accused him of holing up in Houston in a five star hotel living on room service. He did not deny the charge, so I am still pondering that theory. Maybe I can escape with him for a few days.

Anyway, I ended my Monday curled up with a big, fat book reading myself to sleep in bed. It's probably one of my favorite things to do. The only thing that would have made it better is if it had been raining, but we can't have everything! All in all it was a good day and I was thankful once again for friends who care and for the simple things in my life that make me so content.

No comments: