Monday, June 18, 2007

Working Under Protest

It seems a little unfair that I have to be at work today. I mean, shouldn't the world stop for Trevor and I? Shouldn't we be given paid leave to stay home and spend time together after such a long separation?

Obviously not.

That's why I'm sitting in front of a computer at work on my lunch break instead of doing something fun with my husband. I've probably called him 8 times today just because I can. When he is in China, I have a very narrow window of opportunity when we are both awake to make phone calls. The idea of calling him at will, now that he's home, is just too tempting to pass up.

To make matters worse, I have a meeting tonight from 5-7 pm after work that I have to attend, so I will be getting home just in time for us to go to bed. His internal clock is still on the fritz, so we go to bed really early right now. We'll ease back into our normal schedule over the next few weeks, but for now bedtime is between 8 and 9 pm. Why, you ask? Why don't you just stay up and let him go to bed? Because I want to spend every waking and sleeping moment with him, that's why!

I hope that he gets back on schedule this week, because we are going to Louisiana this weekend to see Courtney and Jack! I want him to be fully alert and ready to visit while we are there. I haven't seen them since January, and I can't wait to hold Jack again and to see all of his new tricks. They change so much in the first year, and based on the pictures that Courtney sends faithfully I can tell that he is a completely different baby.

So, I am waiting for this day to be over so I can rush home to Trevor and the kids. I don't mind wishing my life away when I am at work because it's not really my life. My life is waiting for me at home.

No comments: