Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Interesting New Blogs

It has been a really slow day here at the old cancer center and I spent an inordinate amount of time randomly reading blogs. What I found was that there are scores of Christian women out there just like me. I know that I often feel quite alone in my convictions and faith, but I am here to tell you that I am not alone.

It started when I stopped on a blog named "Savor the Master's Blend". The clever name is what drew me in and then I realized that the author was just beginning her blog. I had to love her at once simply because she chose the same blog theme and layout as myself! After I read her posts I was intrigued by this young woman. She is the daughter of a minister and is married to one as well. I used the links on her page to take me to her mother's blog and it just exploded from there. Her mom had so many great links and I got lost reading many of them. I put a few on my quick links so that I can peruse them from time to time when I need encouragement.

I also went to her husband's blog (new as well) and saw that he had links to Capitol Hill Baptist where my brother and my sister-in-law are members. It was as though I had made friends with this couple in spite of the fact that we have never met! Our mutual love of Christ and the small details that tenuously linked us together were enough for me to feel like a connection had been made.

It was refreshing to read about other Christian women (and men) who have a deep, abiding love for Christ and for each other in the midst of all the corruption in the world. It rang clear through my mind that we can be in the world and not of the world. I look forward to reading the thoughts and experiences of these new cyber-friends and hope that they feel as edified when they visit my little corner of the internet.

No comments: