Friday, June 1, 2007

The Baby is Three!

I can't believe that Gracie is three years old today. First Nathan finishes Kindergarten in record time and now the baby is 3. What's next? College? It seems like every time I blink, an entire year has gone by.

Gracie is my wild child. She has a mind of her own and she knows how to use it. Nathan complacently wears what I put on his bed each morning. Gracie always wants something different so I quickly learned to give her an outfit I don't want her to wear first, then she happily puts on the one I had intended all along. Sneaky? Yes. Effective? Definitely!

Gracie can take a fall running at full speed and bounce right back up ready to go again. No tears, no fussing...just ready to play. Being hurt would take far too much time away from getting into everything! She is like the human equivalent to pure energy. She bounces from place to place with an endurance that is superhuman. She likes to tease and to be teased. Her lastest game is wiping off the kisses that we give her. This can go on for 30 minutes if we let it, and she's never the one to stop the game.

Just when you think that you can't take one more game, she gets tired and begins to slow down. This is the Gracie that snuggles close under the covers with you. The one that holds your face in both of her little hands as she sweetly says, "I love you Mommy!". This is the Gracie that melts my heart and makes me feel like the luckiest person in the world because I have had the priviledge of knowing and loving her.

I am so tired right now (it's 10:46 pm) and I am ready to go to bed, so I will leave you with a little photo show to peruse at your leisure. We'll have a party for Gracie tomorrow, but I always like to have a small celebration on the actual birthday. Enjoy!


Gracie's 3rd Birthday
Powered by <span class=Smilebox" src="http://www.smilebox.com/images/blogLogoSmilebox.gif" width=386>
Click to play Make your own Smilebox


No comments: