Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Paying for the Pediatrician's Vacation Home

I woke up at 1:42 am with the strange sensation that someone was watching me in the dark. I rolled over to see Gracie standing by my bed with her blanket in hand. "I try to get juice," she said. I reached for her and realized that she was burning up. As I carried her down the hallway in a sleepy stupor, I wondered for the hundredth time how much longer this is going to go on.

After a refreshing drink of juice, a dose of ibuprofen and a diaper change, she was back in bed, ready to finish her night. As I laid there trying to go back to sleep I decided to stay home with the kids and take Gracie to the doctor in the morning. If our pediatrician had some sort of frequent visit incentive program, we would probably have earned a vacation to Disney World by now! When the nurse calls our name, Gracie bolts for the door screaming, "Dr. Gilley! Dr. Gilley! I see Dr. Gilley!" They know her so well now that she is greeted with hugs and love when she comes into the room. It's quite sad, actually.

Anyway, the verdict for Gracie was that she had the same viral infection that Nathan did, but that hers was developing into a sinus infection. We were sent home with a prescription for Amoxicillin, nose drops and drops for the pink eye she developed on the left side. It's a good thing that Gracie loves to take medicine. When I try to give Nathan his medicine, she runs up and asks for hers...it's never a problem to get her to take medicine, no matter how nasty it is.

So, we are back home and Gracie is down for her nap. Nathan is setting up the Mouse Trap game so we can play, and I am waiting for Claude to come over to tune the piano.

End of day note:

My piano is finally tuned! Whoo hoo! Claude was here for almost 2 hours and he did a wonderful job. I can't wait for Trevor to hear the difference. And as happy as I am about the piano, I am a million times happier about something else that happened this evening.

(Disclaimer: if you are not a parent, you will have no idea how important this is, so just play along.)

Gracie pooped in the potty tonight! Not only did she poop, but she came and told me that she had to go to the bathroom. She was so proud of herself and wanted to call Trevor straight away. I wish that I had the camera to record that little face beaming bright enough to rival the sun!

No comments: