Thursday, June 21, 2007

Root Canal?

I went to the dentist last Friday for the first of two scheduled appointments to fill the cavities found at my check up. All went well (as far as dental work goes) and I was sent home with a new filling and lips that felt like two large mounds of numb putty. By the time I went to bed, my tooth was killing me and I figured that it was just sore from all of the drilling and scraping it had endured earlier.

Unfortunately, my tooth has not recovered and I have been unable to chew anything on that side of my mouth. I was able to make an appointment to have the dentist look at it this afternoon and the prognosis was not what I was hoping for. He made a slight adjustment to my bite, and told me that if the pain and sensitivity did not get better by early next week, he would probably need to do a root canal. His honest opinion was that I would in all likelihood need the root canal, but he didn't want to rush into it. So, we'll see how I do over the next few days. I figure that 4 more days of chewing on one side of my mouth isn't going to kill me.

I'm so excited because we are all going to Louisiana tomorrow morning! I plan to get to work at 6:15 am and then leave as soon as I make sure that no one has called in and that there are no add on patients. This means that I might be back home by 8:30 or 9:00 am and on the road by 10! Whoo hoo! The more time I have to hold and play with baby Jack, the better!

I'm also glad that Trevor is feeling better and will be coming with us. This last trip to China really did a number on his internal clock and last night was the first night that he has felt like himself. He had been undecided as to whether or not he was going to make the trip because he had been so exhausted.

It works out that we are coming on a weekend that Uncle Chuck is putting on one of his productions. We are going to see The Wizard of Oz on Saturday and if it's anything like the other shows that I have seen, it will be wonderful. Mama is taking Nathan to a matinee and Courtney and I are going to an evening show and the Nannies are going to take care of the kids. Maybe we'll go get a drink after like real, live grown-ups! Anything is possible when the Nannies are on duty.

1 comment:

Kellye said...

Did you go back to Dr. Rashall? Kenneth needs some work done, too. Maybe y'all could get appts. together!