Sunday, March 18, 2007

Things I Love

In no particular order:



  1. Swinging in a hammock on a perfect spring day enjoying a cool breeze carrying the smell of BBQ.

  2. The smell of my daughter's clean hair and skin right before bed.

  3. The sound of my son's laughter when he gets really tickled about something.

  4. The sparkly clean feeling I get after going to the Lord in prayer for forgiveness and worship.

  5. The thrill I get when I know that I am about to see my husband in the evening.

  6. Friday nights with the anticipation of the whole weekend ahead of me.

  7. Watching Survivor on Thursday nights.

  8. Pad Thai from Pei Wei.

  9. The sweet breath of newborn babies.

  10. The satisfaction of cooking a really good meal that everyone enjoys.

  11. Completing a scrapbook page.

  12. Clean sheets.

  13. Staying in nice hotels and ordering frivolous room service.

  14. Getting away for the weekend with Trevor.

  15. The sound of my children saying "I love you, Mommy".

  16. Dove truffle eggs.

  17. Getting home after work and finding dinner on the table.

  18. Singing hymns around the piano with my family.

  19. Hearing my children spontaneously sing hymns and praise songs.

  20. Having theological discussions with my brother.

  21. My morning phone chats with Ronna.

  22. Getting random pictures of baby Jack on my cell phone.

  23. Checking my email inbox and seeing that I have messages from actual contacts and not just spam.

  24. Sitting on the porch at Granny and Gramps' with a big mug of coffee full of cream and sugar on a cool morning.

  25. A roaring fire in the fireplace on cold nights.

  26. Having a houseful of friends over to play games and hang out.

  27. Going to a friend's house to play games and hang out.

  28. A cold Shiner Bock with a big bowl of chicken and sausage gumbo.

  29. My father-in-law's smoked ribs.

  30. Granny Traylor's banana pudding.

  31. Having my mom take care of me when I don't feel well.

  32. Spending time with my sister when I go home to Louisiana.

  33. Chocolate. Chocolate. Chocolate.

  34. Curling up in bed at the end of the day with a really good book and reading myself to sleep.

  35. The look on the face of the person I gave the perfect gift to, after the opening frenzy is over.

  36. The sight of my children sleeping in strange, contorted positions.

  37. The smell of a new car.

  38. Spending unlimited amounts of time in a bookstore just browsing without interruption.

  39. Roller coasters.

  40. The sharp smell of burning leaves on a crisp fall day with a clear blue sky.

  41. The fact that my husband thinks I'm the most beautiful, wonderful woman in the world.

  42. My new covered deck.

  43. Telling people that both my parents have their doctorate degrees.

  44. A clean house that smells fresh.

  45. Watching Gone With the Wind when I am home sick.

  46. The path of sweet smelling grass that trails behind me when I am mowing the lawn.

  47. The feeling I get as I am treating the last patient of the day knowing that I will be heading home in just a few minutes.

  48. Recalling years and years of memories with my siblings and cousins when we all get together.

  49. The clearance aisle at Michael's and Hobby Lobby.

  50. Rolling over in the middle of the night and feeling Trevor next to me.



No comments: