Saturday, March 17, 2007

Open Highway

To the great relief of my spousal unit and offspring, I am finally feeling like a human being again. For the first time since Wednesday I woke up without hacking up my lungs and feeling like I had been hit by a freight train in the night. It felt good to take a long shower and then feel ready to actually DO something when I was finished instead of crawling back into bed.

Today is the day the cover on the deck will be finished! Trevor and Will got most of the frame up yesterday and today his dad and Will are coming over to complete the job. I have so much to do inside since the housework has gone by the wayside during my convalescence. It's bordering on scary and gross to use our bathroom these days! So I have my work cut out for me and so do the guys.

I am looking forward to lunch tomorrow because our friends Ali and Chris called last night to see if we wanted to get together this weekend to catch up. With all that we have going on here and with their bathroom remodeling project, we decided that lunch after church would be the best option. I have written extensively about how blessed we have been to connect with Kellye and Kenneth, and I would be remiss if I didn't mention Ali and Chris. Chris is the Education Pastor at our church and probably one of the most brilliant people I have ever met. Absentminded, yes. But that does not detract from his intellect. Ali teaches the Sunday School class that I joined when I started going back to church regularly. I can say with all sincerity and honesty that it was the prayer support from Ali and the theological teaching from Chris that kept me in church and eventually softened Trevor's heart to the conviction of the Holy Spirit.

They are great friends, and while it is difficult at times to schedule time together to just hang out we love them and value their friendship. Short of putting all four kids in straight jackets and muzzles (and don't think that hasn't crossed my mind a time or two!), it is impossible to have an adult conversation without a babysitter. One of these days we are going to be able to coordinate our sitters and actually have them at the same time so we can get together!

So, the weekend stretches out in front of me like an open highway just waiting to be driven on in a convertible with the top down and the radio blaring. I'll let you know how the trip goes!

No comments: