Thursday, March 8, 2007

Day 2 and I'm back!

I surprised myself when I realized that I wanted to blog. What a strange word...is it a noun? a verb? Anyway, I digress. I was actually excited about logging in and writing a little bit. Who knows who might read this. Maybe just the few people who know me (and received an email with a direct link to this page) and maybe others who don't know me at all, which would be sort of cool too. For better or worse, we are linked together with total strangers in cyber-space.

I just got word from Kellye (that enchanting, wonderful friend) that our friend Alicia went in to labor this morning. I work at the hospital where she is going to have Mikiah Nathanael and I can't wait to get over there and see them. This is the first child for Jason and Alicia and we are all really excited for them. We seem to have a baby boom in our circle of friends recently. Heather and Mike had Carson back in October and then Ali and Chris had Calvin in November. The number of children that we have running around during our game nights and get-togethers seems to be exponentially increasing! That's alright because it says in Psalm 127:3 Behold, children are a heritage from the LORD,The fruit of the womb is a reward. The one thing I am sure of is that Trevor and I will not be contributing to that explosion....that factory is closed. Our reward has been great. We are happy with one of each flavor, thank you very much....which brings me to my first rant:

Why are there people out there that insist on having more and more children until they get the gender they want? In my humble opinion, the plan should go something like this: when discussing family planning, the husband and wife should (more or less) predetermine the NUMBER of children they want barring multiples, etc. Apparently there are people out there who just keep trying for at least one of each, even of that means they have 4 girls first and then finally a boy. Have they not looked at the cost of college? the cost of living? cost of sanity? OK, I made that last one up, but come on! I can't tell you the number of people who looked at me with horrified expressions when I said I was having a tubal ligation after only *gasp* bearing 2 children. "But what if it's not a girl?" they would ask, to which I would reply, "then I'll have 2 boys!" Now, if you want 10 children, more power to you....but don't have 10 just to get 1 of a particular gender. OK....I'm carefully stepping off of the soap box and backing slowly away from it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

okay, i love your blog. i have to get the internet up and running in my new office so that i can visit your blog on a regular basis,... i think i'm a fan. actually, your blog is the first i've read in over a year. i'm not a blogger myself.