Friday, April 18, 2008

The Waiting is Over!


After watching this map all morning, and then anxiously waiting for his phone call, we were finally reunited! Trevor is officially home early from China, and we both have Monday off. Tomorrow is our 11th anniversary, so the blogging will be sparse for the next few days.

I wanted to get a picture of Nathan and Grace as they walked in the house and realized that Trevor was home, but my camera is broken. I have no idea what happened, but it won't come on at all. I've tried everything, but nothing seems to work. So, I will just have to remember (without the benefit of a digital record) how excited they were to see him kneeling on the floor in the living room as they walked in the house.

For the first hour or so, Trevor would look down, and Nathan would just be standing there. It was so sweet because he wanted to be close to Trevor, almost as though he couldn't believe that he was really home. Trevor would smile at him or ruffle his hair and Nathan would throw his arms around him and say, "I so glad you're home!"

Amen, brother. Amen!

10 comments:

luvmy4sons said...

Rejoicing with you my sister!

Buffi Young said...

OH!!! I am SO glad that he's home too! Have a wonderful weekend together!! It is SO sweet coming together when you've been apart isn't it? I just know you're going to have an amazing weekend!!! Bless you guys!!
Buffi

Anonymous said...

So happy for you all Xandra :) Enjoy your 11th Anniversary too!

Mocha with Linda said...

Oh, that is precious!!! I'm so GLAD he's home. Makes me just tear up thinking about it and picturing Nathan shadowing him! Bummer that your camera is broken, but sometimes I would catch myself not fully experiencing something b/c I was so busy photographing it.

Have a wonderful, wonderful weekend. Unplug the phone, turn off the computer, and have some sweet time with your family!

Leah said...

I thought of you so many times last night! So glad he made it home safely, and that you'll be able to celebrate your anniversary AND a day off together Monday. Have a great weekend!

Rhonda said...

Happy 11th Anniversary Xandra!! Enjoy!

Have a wonderful homecoming with your man.

Kate said...

Glad he's home.

Kate

Crystal said...

I'm so glad that he made it home safely!
Happy 11th Anniversary!

Alana said...

Yay! So thankful he is home safe. I'm sure you are enjoying your time together!

Kelly said...

Reunions are so sweet! My husband went on a mission trip to Kenya last year for 2 weeks--so missed him!