When I reached the 100th post milestone, I was still new enough to blogging that I was not aware of the quaint little tradition of posting 100 things about myself. So in honor of my 200th post, here we go:
1. My eyes are blue.
2. My dad called me his pretty blue-eyed princess when I was little.
3. My dad still calls me that.
4. I'm 35.
5. I don't have a spleen, which makes for interesting party conversation.
6. My favorite color is blue.
7. I own 30 books about Elizabeth I.
8. I had Bell's palsy when I was an infant.
9. I craved nectarines when I was pregnant with Nathan.
10. I didn't crave anything when I was pregnant with Gracie.
11. I have 3 double-first cousins. My dad's brother married my mom's sister.
12. I love the Laura Ingall's Wilder books. I got the entire set for Christmas when I was about 9 and have read them all through at least 20 times.
13. My best friend from high school died last year.
14. My favorite drink is Coke Zero Vanilla.
15. I have been blogging for 8 months, 14 days.
16. I sing alto.
17. My favorite movie to watch when I'm sick is Gone With the Wind.
18. I secretly like being sick because I get to stay at home alone and lay around all day in my PJs.
19. My favorite season is fall and I love the smell of burning leaves.
20. This one is blank because I accidentally put two for #19.
21. I prefer the New King James Version of the Bible.
22. I was baptized on the Fourth of July, 1983.
23. I have had 17 pets over the course of my life.
24. I was born in Louisiana, but moved to Texas at age 4.
25. I hate liver. I do not eat filters.
26. I had both of my children by planned c-section. I have never experienced labor pain.
27. I make a quilt for all new babies in the family.
28. I am the middle child. 2 years younger than my brother and 7 years older than my sister.
29. I like beer, but not wine.
30. I wanted football pads and a helmet for Christmas when I was in 6th grade.
31. I was a total tomboy.
32. I hate wearing high heels. I would wear jeans and a t-shirt all the time if I could get away with it.
33. I like the toilet paper to dispense over the top of the roll, not underneath.
34. Ditto for paper towels.
35. My favorite Glade holiday scent is Glistening Snow. I buy all the candles, Plug-ins and sprays so my house smells great all season long.
36. I am the photographer in the family, and as a result, my children will probably think that their father raised them single handedly since there are very few pictures of me with them.
37. Before I was married, I slept under a down comforter year round.
38. I hate making small talk with people I don't know.
39. Both of my grandfathers have passed away, but my grandmothers are still living.
40. I met my husband in 8th grade.
41. I can peel crawfish at an alarming rate.
42. I play the trombone and the piano.
43. I drive a Tahoe and it's the best vehicle that I have ever owned.
44. I have owned a Tempo, Camaro, Explorer and Taurus.
45. I have been to Italy.
46. I have not been to the West Coast.
47. I am totally hooked on Survivor. I anxiously await each new season and watch it every week.
48. I start listening to Christmas music around October.
49. I try to have all of my Christmas shopping done by December 1st.
50. Thinking of 100 things to say about myself is proving to be more difficult than I thought.
51. I went to Texas A&M University. (Whoop!)
52. The flying monkeys in the Wizard of Oz scared the crap out of me when I was a kid.
53. I love cinnamon swirl coffee.
54. I like to give handmade (or homemade cooked) gifts.
55. I had an Oscar the Grouch hand puppet that I was terrified of when I was about 4 years old.
56. My mom and dad made my brother let me play with his Bert puppet instead.
57. My brother and I used to turn my sister's doorknob around and lock her in her room when my parents left us in charge.
58. I don't have a middle name.
59. I have chili pepper red walls in my living room.
60. My thumbs are claustrophobic.
61. I have lived in a town called Pumpkin Center.
62. It's one of my favorite places on earth.
63. My son sleeps in the room that was mine when I was a child.
64. I like Puff's better than Kleenex.
65. Sometimes I take Lunesta to help me sleep.
66. I'm (sadly) allergic to Demerol.
67. I like to eat cream cheese plain.
68. I also like to pour strawberry jam over it and then spread it on graham crackers
69. I have never bought a purse that cost more than $50.
70. I love getting personal mail.
71. I have to sleep on the left side of the bed.
72. I love to read, and usually have 3 books going at one time.
73. Trevor and I have our own language strictly based on quotes from Tombstone and Steel Magnolias.
74. I never go shopping on Black Friday.
75. I have heard/seen parts of the movie Cars roughly 357 times, but have never sat down and watched it in it's entirety.
76. I burned the print off my thumb on a grill when I was two, and it cured me of sucking it.
77. I don't like people in my personal space unless I know them really, really well.
78. I had my first kiss in 8th grade.
79. He was one of my brother's friends.
80. I had a huge crush on him.
81. It never went anywhere.
82. He was a senior in high school.
83. I like to do things really fast (clean, talk, work) and get irritated with slow people.
84. I have been told that I need to slow down.
85. I miss my husband when he is gone to China on business, but love having the bed to myself.
86. My house is usually neat and clean, but if you open my closets stuff will fall on your head.
87. I didn't want to change my name when I got married. I liked my maiden name, but I got over it.
88. I am still a little scared of thunder.
89. I am allergic to wool, which isn't really a problem living here on the Gulf coast.
90. I can't tell you how relieved I am to be here at #90.
91. I am really proud of my scrapbook pages. One day I might even post them.
92. My children are the most beautiful children in the world.
93. I have above-average intelligence.
94. I am married to the absolute love of my life.
95. My favorite popcorn is Pop Secret Homestyle.
96. One of my favorite smells is freshly opened Play-Doh.
97. I started reading Stephen King novels the summer of my 5th grade year.
98. I have lived in 8 different cities.
99. I have lived in 17 different houses/apartments.
100. I thank God every day for His grace and mercy.
Everyone still awake? If you are still with me, thanks for hanging in there and reading down to the end of my list! Aren't you glad I didn't opt for 200 things?