I've been tagged by Heather to take part in a meme to share 7 random and/or weird facts about myself.
Okee-dokee then, here we go....
1. I am totally with Heather on this one....I do not share drinks with people. Period. It's nasty and gross and there is no way to gauge the ratio of their backwash to actual beverage, so it's not worth the gamble. I also don't share ice cream products (malts, shakes, cones, etc) with anyone. If it's possible, that's even grosser than sharing a drink.
2. My thumbs are claustrophobic. If you want to send me into hysterics, just grab my thumbs and hold them. My husband discovered this when we were in, oh, junior high, and he has used it many times over the last 22 years to terrorize me. I protect my thumbs at all costs, and often wake up with them tucked safely in my fists as though some thumb grabbing fiend were lurking nearby as I slept.
3. Hot breath really grosses me out. Like the kind when someone whispers in your ear and leaves it slightly wet because of their breath. Ewww. Let me say it again. Ewww. I don't even like for my husband to breathe on me unless (how to put this delicately?) I am otherwise distracted. So if you meet me in person and desperately need to tell me a secret in public and you don't want anyone else to hear....write it on a napkin or something.
4. I will pick up roaches, snakes, lizards and all manner of bugs and reptiles, but I am reduced to a emotional state of a slasher flick victim if a spider gets within 25 feet of my person. Seriously guys....I've had my 6 year old kill spiders for me. How sad is that?
5. I have to put my own groceries on the conveyor belt at the grocery store (I've run off overly helpful employees before). It's important that all the boxes go together, all the dairy, all the cans, etc. I know...it's a sickness, but I can't help it.
6. If I make a mistake in my journal, I have to tear out the entire page and start over. I can't stand to have mistakes and scribbles all over the place.
7. I love to mow the grass. There is something deeply satisfying about the swath of fresh cut grass trailing behind me, ever widening as I make my way around the yard. I love the smell of the grass, and I love the way it looks as the sun is going down and the kids are out playing in the backyard.
Until I wrote them all down in one place, I didn't realize how neurotic I am. My poor, poor husband! Anyway, as per the instructions I am tagging 7 other people and the lucky winners are: Debra, Kellye, Karen, Kate, Leah, Faraja, and Lisa. If they still want to be friends with my neurotic self, that is.