Well, November is coming to a close and I'm more than a little sorry to be finishing this challenge. It's been such a blessing (and comic relief sometimes!) to read what everyone else was thankful for, and to really sit down and give words to the things for which I am grateful.
The year is winding down, and I have so much to be thankful for. The health of my family, good friends (corporeal and cyber), milestones that my children have reached and spiritual growth. The list could go on and on, and I want to thank Leah for starting this challenge. It reminded me of all the things (small and large) that I have in my life that make me happy and comfortable. It also reminded me that even the things that make me sad and uncomfortable are there for a reason, and that I should be thankful for them too.
God intends every event in my life....He has orchestrated it from the foundation of the world and for that, I am eternally grateful.
I decided to keep my list in a post so that I would always remember the things for which I was thankful in 2007.
2. Healthy children
3. A loving husband who cherishes me
5. God's sovereignty
6. Online Christmas shopping
7. My piano
8. Hot chocolate with marshmallows.
9. Fresh oranges from my tree
10. My new screen door.
11. Spiritual revival
12. Morning calls from Ronna.
13. Good morning hugs from my sleepy 3 year old
14. The Reformation
15. My backyard.
16. Orange slices, cinnamon and cloves simmering on the stove.
17. Trevor's mechanical prowess.
18. Not being in charge of children's church for another 8 weeks.
19. Cold Shiner Bock
21. Pizza delivery
22. Cool weather for Thanksgiving.
24. Christmas lights
25. Blue Bell ice cream
26. Being cancer free for almost 16 years.
27. The women in my life.
28. My new deck furniture.
29. The fact that my Christmas shopping is done!
30. A day off from work to decorate!