Thursday, July 12, 2007

It's Almost Here...

This has been such a crazy, upside down week! I've spent so much time at work and at church that I feel like I've been out of town. Home seems a little foreign to me and I'm all out of sync with the rhythm of my family...my life. I have been rushing since last Tuesday when we left for our trip and so I'm seriously looking forward to this weekend.


There are so many things that we could do. We've thrown around getting together an impromptu game night with our friends, there is a crop (scrapbooking get-together for all of you non-scrappers out there) at church this Saturday night and there is always the possibility of inviting family over for dinner or whatever. But the closer the weekend gets, the less I want to do anything other than lay around the house in my oldest, rattiest clothes and do absolutely nothing.


Of course, "nothing" when you have kids turns out to be a whole lot of something, but at least there will be no outside interference. Nowhere to be, no reason to get dressed, no worries. The most taxing thing that I want to do this weekend is maybe see a movie. The new Harry Potter movie came out Wednesday and I can't wait to see it. Nathan is excited about it too, so maybe we'll do a matinee Saturday. For those of you who have strong feelings about Harry Potter and Christianity, I would refer you to the book "What's a Christian to do with Harry Potter?"


So, one more day of work to get through and then the weekend is mine. Maybe I'll do some light shopping tomorrow since I get off at noon on Fridays. It will be nice to just browse without the kids pulling me in 20 directions at once or worrying if Trevor has had enough. I'm a firm believer in "me" time, and I think that taking some time to be alone and to rejuvenate in whatever capacity makes you happy, makes you a better wife and mother. You can't care for others if you can't care for yourself every once in a while.

No comments: