Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Overdue Appointment

Until this morning, I hadn't been to the dentist in over 6 years. Yes, you heard that correctly. Six years. I went right before Nathan was born for a checkup and had several cavities then, but due to financial difficulties did not get them filled. I figured that once the baby was born and we saved up I would go back and get the work done. So here I am, six years and 2 children later and I still have unfilled cavities.

Kenneth recommended a dentist in Liberty and I really have to give him a plug. Dr. Gregory Rashall is the best dentist I have ever been to. His hygienist (Meadow) was wonderful and did a very thorough cleaning and educated me on gum disease and proper brushing to prevent said disease. She asked me as she was cleaning if it had really been six years since my last visit, since my teeth had very little tarter build-up. That made me feel better that at least my brushing habits are good, even if my attendance is not!

So, I'll go back at a later date to have those cavities filled and some other restorative work done. They practically made me sign a statement in blood promising to come back in 6 months for a cleaning and check-up. I think that if they would have had the time to start the work on my teeth today they would have for fear that I would never come back! But come back I will....I'm excited about having whole teeth again. Oh! to chew on candy and not have a sharp pain associated with it! Now I just need to get the kids scheduled for cleanings and check-ups. Dr. Rashall's office is very kid friendly and I'm happy that I've found a place where they will be comfortable.

No comments: