Thursday, December 11, 2008

Winter Wonderland

You didn't really think that I was going to be able to limit this to one post, did you?? The schools are open today, but I kept the kids home. This is literally a once in a lifetime experience for them as children as long as they live here. I remember it snowing a few times when I was a child, but nothing like this. I didn't want them to miss a minute of it.

All you smarty-pants in the north cut me a little slack today, and I won't make fun of you when you complain about the heat when it hits 90. My final measurement of the snow was about 4 inches...






5 comments:

Heather C said...

ROFL at your comment to the Northerners... you are so right on! We've got snow, although it rained yesterday and melted some of it away. Supposed to storm tomorrow, though... so it will come back. Lovely icy mix today. It is beautiful, though... :) Have fun playing with the kids! What a blessing!

Karen said...

I had to come over here and see it for myself! Wow! I'm so happy for you, as silly as that sounds. I love snow, and can't imagine living without a snowy season. Have fun!

luvmy4sons said...

I am so glad you kept the kids home so they could enjoy possibly a once in a life time event! Great stuff! Awesome snowman!

Mocha with Linda said...

This will be a day and a Christmas to remember for you. I think even my toes are getting jealous. It's always weird to me when the Houston area gets it and we don't.

Kate said...

WOW!! I am so jealous!

Kate