2. You can't sit in snow without getting wet. (see item 1)
3. We are ill-equipped here in Southeast Texas for playing in the snow. That wetness I mentioned? It goes right through the jeans.
4. I am glad that this is not the norm for our winter weather. Just putting the clothes on the kids to go outside and play (almost) takes all the fun out of it! I can't imagine having to don snow suits and boots for 4 months or longer.
5. When the sun comes out, the snow melts. This was not surprising. But the constant dripping and running off the roof was a little unexpected. I forgot that the water had to go somewhere. It sounds like it's raining out there.
6. If I lived in a climate where this was ordinary weather, I would need an industrial sized clothes dryer to keep all the mittens, hats and coats dry. How do you guys do it?
7. Waking up to fresh fallen snow will be one of my favorite memories ever.
8. Never, ever try to "wipe" the snow off your vehicle without some sort of hand covering. You may, or may not get the feeling back in your fingers.
9. Never, ever turn your defroster on high and leave it there. My poor windshield couldn't take the heat and now I have a crack the size of Nebraska running right across the bottom.
10. It's fun taking a day off from school and work to play. I had so much fun with the kids this morning.
11. Snow is heavy. Who knew that rolling a growing ball of snow through the yard could be so much work?!
12. Hot chocolate never tasted better than after a morning spent building snowmen!