Sunday, December 7, 2008

Gulf Shores 2008

I finally got all of the pictures edited and in a slide show! I know the family may have been a little annoyed at times with all the picture taking, but I'm glad I did because I'd forgotten some of things I captured and it's only been a week!

As soon as we arrived and got everything unloaded and unpacked, we took the kids out to the beach. It didn't take Nathan long to get soaking wet, in spite of our instructions to the contrary. At first I was upset...he didn't obey, it was cold, he might get sick...but it didn't take me long to settle in to the "vacation mindset". We still maintained order and discipline, but the normal rules ceased to exist.

Nathan and Grace got filthy dirty and wet at the beach, and mom and dad didn't fuss. Cousins stayed up way past their bedtimes and the adults just smiled. Normal meals were replaced with snacking. Board games replaced the television and muscles remained sore from all the walking and digging in the sand. Children were loud inside, and the grannies laughed indulgently.

It was marvelous!

Thanksgiving afternoon, Trevor and I were walking on the beach and reached up to hug him and said that this was the best Thanksgiving ever. If I had my way, we would do this every year. Of course we can't, but it will be something to which we can look forward in the coming years. I think we were all agreed that we should do it again.



3 comments:

Mocha with Linda said...

Oh, those are such great pictures! I can tell you had such a wonderful time. Thanks for letting us peek in on the fun!

Lisa said...

great pictures!!!!looks so fun.

luvmy4sons said...

What fun! Great pics. Thanks for sharing your family with us!