Tuesday, November 9, 2010

I'm Giving Thanks...for Fall Sunsets

http://southbreezefarm.blogspot.com/


It's no secret that fall is my favorite time of year, and for reasons too numerous to list here.  But even within my favorite season I have very specific things that I love.  For instance, I love the acrid smell of smoke in the air, a brisk breeze on my skin and the sight of that singularly blue sky that only autumn can produce.

But one of my favorite things about fall is the time just before sunset, when day is standing on the threshold of night and the sinking sun casts golden light through the changing leaves and lengthens the shadows.  I always marvel at the beauty of the setting sun in all seasons, but it's particularly beautiful now.  So today I am giving thanks for the simplicity of the sunset, bringing with it the close of another day and the stillness of the night.

1 comment:

Mocha with Linda said...

Wow - what a word picture you've painted.

I was just commenting to my family about the brilliant fall sky the other day.

BTW, I'm tempted for one of my items on this month's list to be, "I'm giving thanks for the Giving Thanks Challenge because Xandra is blogging again!"