Sunday, November 2, 2008

I'm Giving Thanks

http://southbreezefarm.blogspot.com/2008/10/thankful-month.html


Last year, I participated in the Giving Thanks Challenge hosted by Leah at South Breeze Farm. It was a great reminder of all the things for which I have to be thankful, so I decided to do it again. Click here to see my list from last year, and if you want to participate, go to Leah's blog and grab the button.

I've created a running list in my sidebar, and I'm going to try my best to remember to update it each day. Sometimes I get so mired down in the daily grind that I can't see the blessings in my life. My children are healthy. I have a job. There is food on the table each night. We have a place to live. All of the basics are covered and the rest is just gravy.

5 comments:

Mocha with Linda said...

Love your list from last year and the start of this year! I think I'll have to join in. Sigh. Too many good things!

Andrea said...

What a fabulous idea! It's always a good reminder to take a step back and look at all the blessings in our lives. Usually there are more than what we think there are!

luvmy4sons said...

Yeah. After our salvation the rest is just gravy. It is good to be thankful for it all though! Exceedingly, abundantly, more than we ask or imagine. That is our God!

Lisa said...

Great idea....I need to focus on being thankful right now.

Jerralea said...

I love what you said, "The rest is just gravy." It's true that we need to focus more on thankfulness for what we do have. Thanks for the reminder!