Friday, March 28, 2008

Stupid Camera

I think I may vomit. Seriously.

Nathan's birthday party ended about an hour ago, and I decided to sit down and edit all of the pictures I took of the cake, decorations and party. I inserted the memory card into my computer and eagerly opened the folder.

It had 3 pictures on it.

I am fairly confident that I took more than 3 pictures over the course of the last two days. As a matter of fact, I'm positive. I even reviewed them on the camera as I took them to make sure I was getting good shots of the cake, etc.

They were ALL GONE! The three photos still on the card were from earlier in the week when Nathan lost his second front tooth.

I feel physically ill, and think I am going to spend the rest of the evening mourning the fact that I have ABSOLUTELY NO PICTURES of my son's 7th birthday party. And I made some really stinkin' cute favor bags. Not to mention that the cake was awesome. Of course, I could say pretty much anything about the caliber of the party, because there is NO PROOF that we ever had one!

Stupid camera.

4 comments:

luvmy4sons said...

I am so so sorry. Things like that make me insane. You are so helpless. There is nothing you can do. These little frustrations are what make me weary...I wish I could give you your pictures...I try to stop and tell myself that this isn't random...that God allowed it for a reason. I have to see everything as coming from HIS hand. Doesn't always help me. Sometimes, though, it can shake me from that wrathful state I feel inside...Your Easter pics were great though!

Alana said...

(gutteral noise of sympathy)

I'm so sorry Xandra, that is just terrible.

Maybe you could stage another fake party for the pictures ;0

Andrea said...

That would be so disheartening!! Pictures are EVERYTHING to me.

My sis-in-law lost ALL of her 2nd daughter's baby pictures when their computer crashed and she hadn't backed them up on a disc. So the first few MONTHS of her daughter's life were one. Anybody from the famly who had pictures made her doubles of course -- but since they live 5 1/2 hours away from us all, we hadn't had many opportunites to see her and photograph her yet.

Leah said...

Oooooooooooohhhhhhhhhh, man!! I know how you feel! When we went to the photo shop to pick up the photos we had taken of our newborn baby girl in the hospital, every single one of them was blurred beyond recognition. I felt just as sick as you! =( Have another party! I wish it was that easy for me! haha