Saturday, August 16, 2008

Then Sings My Soul Saturday



Slow Fade


Blessed is the man
Who walks not in the counsel of the ungodly,
Nor stands in the path of sinners,
Nor sits in the seat of the scornful;
But his delight is in the law of the LORD,
And in His law he meditates day and night.

He shall be like a tree
Planted by the rivers of water,
That brings forth its fruit in its season,
Whose leaf also shall not wither;
And whatever he does shall prosper.
The ungodly are not so,
But are like the chaff which the wind drives away.

Therefore the ungodly shall not stand in the judgment,
Nor sinners in the congregation of the righteous.
For the LORD knows the way of the righteous,
But the way of the ungodly shall perish. Psalm 1

We are like children. If we are given an inch, we will take a mile. When we stray away from the gospel of truth, we find ourselves mired down in worldly things. It only takes a glance, a slip or a compromise to find ourselves so far from what we know is right that we feel we can never be restored. Restored to our families, our friends or our God. When we meditate on God's word, the choices we make seem much clearer. We must constantly be filling our minds with the law of the Lord, so that we will be able to resist temptation no matter the guise in which it presents itself.

I love this song by Casting Crowns...they are so good about speaking the truth of the gospel and not shying away from solid doctrine and theology. When I heard this song, it spoke to me about my own weakness and how easy it is to slowly turn away from God and His commandments. The lyric "People never crumble in a day, it's a slow fade" really touched me. When we stray from Him in baby steps, we don't realize the damage until it is too late, and often the damage is inflicted on our families and our children. Praise God, it is never too late for Him. He is always faithful to forgive us when we confess and repent of our sin.

Be careful little eyes what you see
It's the second glance that ties your hands as darkness pulls the strings
Be careful little feet where you go
For it's the little feet behind you that are sure to follow

It's a slow fade when you give yourself away
It's a slow fade when black and white have turned to gray
Thoughts invade, choices are made, a price will be paid
When you give yourself away
People never crumble in a day
It's a slow fade, it's a slow fade

Be careful little ears what you hear
When flattery leads to compromise, the end is always near
Be careful little lips what you say
For empty words and promises lead broken hearts astray

Chorus

The journey from your mind to your hands
Is shorter than you're thinking
Be careful if you think you stand
You just might be sinking

It's a slow fade when you give yourself away
It's a slow fade when black and white have turned to gray
Thoughts invade, choices are made, a price will be paid
When you give yourself away
People never crumble in a day
Daddies never crumble in a day
Families never crumble in a day

Oh be careful little eyes what see
Oh be careful little eyes what you see
For the Father up above is looking down in love
Oh be careful little eyes what you see


10 comments:

Mocha with Linda said...

I love Casting Crowns and this is such a great, convicting song. They always nail it!

luvmy4sons said...

Such a powerful video...such a powerful song. Wow. I love Casting Crowns too. Thank you for posting this.

Lisa Cobler said...

Great song and video.

Mindy said...

I can so identify with this message. I find myself distracted, allured by worldly things before I even know I have taken my eyes from the Lord. Thank you for the reminder!

Lisa said...

One of my favorite songs. We saw them in concert last year. It was so worshipful. My kids memeorized Psalm 1 last semester. Good verse to hide in your heart.
Lisa

Peggy said...

Yeah Xandra WOW!!! Thank you for taking the time to share your inspiration or motivation from this song! I so love Casting Crown and can't believe that I had not seen this one! The song and video had a great impact! Can't go wrong with CC!

Blessings! Time to put more importance on meditating on God's Word so that's the input my mind has and then I will have better output!

Addicted to Beadz said...

I love Casting Crowns!

Thanks for sharing your heart as well.

Have a great weekend!

Blessings!
Cheryl

Deborah said...

I love this song. They are using this song with the movie Fireproof.
Thanks for sharing.
Deborah

Deborah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Andrea said...

AWESOME song. It gives me chills everytime I hear it -- which is a lot, since I own the CD and listen to it ALL THE TIME.