Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Texas, Our Texas

Nathan's end of the year program was last night, and I compiled a few of the highlights. The first few pictures and videos of Nathan were of him singing our state song, "Texas, Our Texas" When he first started singing, he wasn't really paying attention to actually, you know, singing. He was too busy looking around trying to find Trevor, Grace and me. Once he found us, he sang with gusto. He was one of 5 other children who led the rest of the group.

The second set of pictures is his class doing the Cotton-eyed Joe. Well, a version of the Cotton-eyed Joe anyway. I was laughing so hard that I could barely take any video or decent photographs. One of my friends and I were leaning on each other we were laughing so hard! It loses something on video, but the boys were just hauling the girls all over the place, and they were all doing some really interesting moves. I leaned over through my tears and said, "This is going in the senior yearbook for sure!"

So, here are a few of the highlights of Nathan's First Grade end of year program:




7 comments:

Mrs.Naz@BecomingMe said...

Very cute and How I miss Texas

Mocha with Linda said...

You can't be in 1st Grade in Texas without doing this program! So so cute! And it brought back lots of memories of when my kids did it.

So did he do a salt relief map too this year?!

Carol said...

God bless you Texas! This was hysterical. I love the head bobbing going on at the end of the song. Too cute!

Lisa said...

Very cute. What a handsome little boy you have! Looks like he has the same color hair as my little girl.

Lisa

luvmy4sons said...

So adorable! I have family that lives in Texas and we are going to a wedding in San Antonio in July..Does that count? Can I be a Texan? LOL!

Crystal said...

Too Cute! The dancing was sooo funny!! Those photos and videos will be great to have when he is older! :)

Alana said...

I can't get the video to work for some reason. I'll have to come back and try later...I bet it is super cute!!