Monday, May 26, 2008

Memorial Day

If you are interested in reading a brief history of Memorial Day, go here for my post from last year. I am posting two songs today that are just incredible. Please take the time to listen to them and I guarantee that you will be blessed. The first is a song by the Gaither Vocal Band called Let Freedom Ring, and the second is their rendition of The Star-Spangled Banner.

My favorite lyric from the first is:

Let freedom ring down through the ages from a hill called Calvary





I hope that as you enjoy time with family and friends today, that you will keep in mind those whose families are no longer intact because of the ultimate sacrifice of a loved one.

Happy Memorial Day!

3 comments:

Mocha with Linda said...

Let Freedom Ring gives me chills EVERY TIME!!! Amen and Amen!

Love those guys!

luvmy4sons said...

Amen! Amen! Thank you for those! Love and hugs to your family. And your were right. I was blessed!

Alana said...

We take so much for granted. I was reminded of this today by my father in law.