Wednesday, November 2, 2011

I'm Giving Thanks for Cooler Weather

http://southbreezefarm.blogspot.com/



I love cold weather.  I love the feel of a fire in the fireplace, a mug of hot chocolate warming my hands and cozy sweaters with sleeves that go down to my fingertips.  I love the snow, and the crisp feel of the air when it's cold outside.  I enjoy shoveling snow in the same way that I enjoy mowing the grass...there's an element of instant gratification that I love.  I love wet cold days and the dry ones.  I love wearing scarves and gloves, and sleeping with the windows open when it's freezing.

Cool weather seems to finally be making it's way to us in Oklahoma, and I think it's here to stay.  This evening has been cold and drizzly, which is perfect weather for snuggling up with a good book and a hot beverage.  You'll very seldom hear me complaining about cold temperatures, even when it feels like spring will never come.  Summer is just a season that I have to get through so I can have cooler weather again.

So today I am thankful that summer is over and the cooler weather is here to stay.



3 comments:

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

I have to agree with you...and plus why not be thankful...you can't change it!

Leah said...

I'm with you! In fact, I may have to go digging in my archives and pull up some old posts about why I love fall. I haven't seen many of those around this year until yours. But you know me - I do love it!

Mocha with Linda said...

Sleeping with the windows open when it's freezing?! You are nuts, girl! And how do you ever get OUT of the bed?!