Saturday, March 31, 2007

Lazy Saturday

After the mad pace of Friday (and staying up until midnight), I had a very lazy Saturday. When I say lazy, I mean the kind of lazy where you are asleep (or at least horizontal) more than you are awake. I slept until the unheard of hour of 9 am, and then promptly went back to sleep at noon. I awoke from my siesta at 3:15 when Nathan and Grace decided that I had been asleep long enough and then laid there with them for a long time as I finished waking up.

When I finally made contact with my husband, I discovered that my sloth-like behavior had somehow activated his deeply buried and seldom seen minimalist side. He had decided that our house was a wreck and was in dire need of purging. We made a trip to Target for containers to hold all of the clutter and junk that we have apparently accumulated over the years. I realized that I would be spending most of my Sunday cleaning out closets and emptying drawers. Now normally this would send me into fits of joy with small bursts of endorphins rushing through my veins, but as I've already noted, it has been a lazy day. The thought of doing anything more productive than breathing was just too much to bear.

So, my prayer is that I will get enough sleep tonight to put me in an organizing kind of mood tomorrow after church. Of course, another day in bed might not be too bad either......

No comments: