Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Home

We've been in Oklahoma for 5 weeks now, and I still have the vague feeling that we're just visiting. It's our stuff in the new house, it's my face on my employee ID badge, and it's my car in the garage but it all feels out of place. It's like a incredibly bizarre vacation where we moved all of our stuff with us, but will be going home soon.

In spite of this feeling, we really are settling in pretty well. We joined the church we were visiting Sunday before last, and we've had some new friends over for dinner. My job is going well, and I am slowly but surely making friends with the people here. I'm excited about the fall because I will be cutting back on my hours a bit in order to be home with the kids after school. I'm also excited about the fall because it will actually BE fall with cooler temperatures and turning leaves. Southeast Texas has two seasons: hot and hotter. Okay, to be fair the winters are very comfortable but it's the getting to the comfortable weather that will kill you!

Our main concern right now is the sale of our house in Texas. It's still sitting there just waiting for the right family to purchase it, and we would like to find that family sooner rather than later. It's that last loose end that we haven't quite tied up yet and are looking forward to the revenue and sense of finality that will come with it. Maybe when we sell I'll stop thinking of it as home and look around me instead.

6 comments:

Mocha with Linda said...

I know you want to close that last door. Hope it sells soon!

And speaking of hot and hotter, don't forget that amazing snow you got last year! Of course, you'll be pros at snow now!

luvmy4sons said...

Wow! It has been five weeks! I can see how not having sold the house would make it harder to let go. Praying it sells soon. Blessings to you sweet sister. Good to see ya post! I have been missing you!

A Stone Gatherer said...

I thought the house was sold! I'm sorry you still have that hanging over your head! It sounds like your doing great there though. I don't know if I would be to that point yet. I'm quite the recluse. I don't know if I spelled that right!!!!

Kate said...

We'll be praying about your house. Glad it feels like you are settling in.

Kate

Maff said...

Hope the house sells soon for you - praying! Sounds like it's a good start to your new life there tho', that's really great, so happy for you :)

Andrea said...

I hope your house sells soon. That's a big stress that I'm sure you don't really need hanging around right now...